How do I apply for an attorney?

You will need to fill out a financial affidavit for the judge to review to determine if you qualify for a court appointed attorney.  You can obtain the financial affidavit at the Leavenworth County District Court clerk’s office which is located on the 3rd floor of the Leavenworth Justice Center at 601 South 3rd Street, Leavenworth, Kansas.  To request that a financial affidavit be mailed to you, call the clerk’s office at 913-684-0700 and tell them what type of case that it is so that they can transfer you to the appropriate clerk to assist you.